Insurance is there to help us in times of need. When it comes to our personal life there is always a need to have liability insurance for many things. Things like our home, car, and even rentals can all be covered by an insurance policy. Check out the most popular ones below:
Home insurance also referred to as homeowner’s insurance (often abbreviated within the United States realty industry as HOI), is a form of property insurance that covers a personal residence. Typical coverage includes:
- Liability coverage that will take care of any third party liability claims against you after someone is injured on your property, including property liability and bodily injury liability.
- Loss of use coverage that will cover any additional living expenses you may incur should a covered loss render your home inhabitable.
- Dwelling coverage that protects the physical structure of your home, including the walls, roof, and built-in appliances.
Experience great savings and enjoy rebates and incentives with our Insura auto insurance program. Coverages include:
- Protection against financial loss in case of any property or vehicle damage when involved in an accident.
- Theft coverage for your car.
- Medical coverage as per the insurance plan, which includes treatment, rehabilitation, and other expenses.
- Property coverage for the damages incurred during an accident, theft or natural disaster.
Umbrella insurance, often referred to as excess liability insurance, is a liability policy. It’s intended to compensate third parties for damages or injuries for which you, the insured, are responsible. This is what this coverage will do for you:
Personal injury ‐ covers lawsuits involving personal liability situations such as false arrests, libel, invasion of privacy, slander, and malicious prosecutions.
Additional bodily injury liability ‐ covers the excess cost of body injuries towards a third party.
Additional property liability ‐ covers extra costs of loss or damages to a third party’s property.
Exclusions coverage ‐ covers liability claims that are exempted in your standard insurance coverage.
It is surprising to learn that about 90% of all natural disasters in the United Stated usually involve flooding and flood damage that often strikes low and moderate risk areas. What is more surprising is that many homeowners do not have flood coverage. This policy usually covers:
Renters and homeowners insurance policies do not cover flood. You have to get a different, special insurance policy that covers flood-related losses and damages.
Your flood insurance will cover physical losses that are directly related to floods and other flood-related erosion caused by waves of water that exceeds the anticipated level which is at times accompanied by severe storms or any other situation that might result in flooding.
- The coverage for the home structure and the contents in the home are all sold separately. For the building structure, only the replacement cost is covered. The coverage for personal property is available on a cash value basis.
When a fire, a flood or a break-in occurs, many condo owners are surprised when they learn how vulnerable they and their personal belongings are. However, with condo insurance, you can protect the condo and your personal belongings. Coverage Includes:
- Individual condo unit improvements.
- Some kinds of building damage.
- Accidental damage.
- Personal belongings.