Reliable Owner-Operator Insurance Ohio | Insura

Reliable Owner-Operator Insurance Ohio | Insura

Owner-Operator Insurance in Ohio

If you are an owner-operator of a semi-truck, whether leased or on your own authority, you need to carry owner-operator insurance to have all your bases covered. Having the right semi-truck insurance in Ohio is vital to keeping your assets safe.

Read on to learn about owner-operator truck insurance costs and what this type of semi-truck insurance covers.

What Does Insura’s Owner-Operator Insurance Cover?

Owner-operator insurance is a type of commercial truck insurance specific to individual drivers who are owner-operators rather than company truckers. Insura’s coverage for owner-operator insurance is tailored to suit each customer’s needs. We take a close look at your unique needs and pinpoint the right policy. Common coverage shared by all commercial vehicles is included such as third-party injury and overall accident coverage.

Customers are encouraged to contact the team at Insura with any questions about additional truck-specific coverage policies.

General Liability vs. Owner-Operator Liability

General liability covers the cost of damages you cause to other people or their property that are non-auto related while conducting general business operations. This usually includes bodily injury, property damage, and lawsuits for covered losses.

Owner-operator liability can include general liabilty to protect your businesses operations and will also cover any damages or injuries resulting from your truck operations. This insurance is used primarily by business making a profit off of their semi-truck such as transporting cargo.

What Does Owner-Operator Truck Insurance Cost?

The cost of owner-operator truck insurance in Ohio may vary based on a few factors. These factors include:

  • Vehicle Type
  • Driving History
  • Location
  • Operating Radius
  • Business Type
  • Coverage Requirements

Contact the experts at Insura to most accurately determine the cost of your owner-operator insurance coverage. We take the steps to understand your business and its needs to find the best insurance policy for you.

In addition to finding the best policy, we ensure that the recommended policy is within your budget. Our comprehensive coverage process provides customers with a positive insurance experience.

Areas of Service

We proudly serve clients in all of Ohio. If you want to meet to discuss semi-truck insurance in-person, we have three physical locations:

  • Reynoldsburg, OH
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Dayton, OH

Work with our professional independent insurance agents to build the right insurance package for you. We have access to over 30 carriers, so we can always provide the best service at competitive prices.

Frequently Asked Questions

If I lease another owner-operator under my authority am I responsible for their insurance? 

Yes, for anyone hauling under your MC #, you are responsible for Auto Liability and Motor Truck Cargo insurance.

Does the FMCSA have minimum coverage requirements?

Yes, interstate truck drivers are required to meet these minimum coverage requirements depending on the freight you haul:

  • Non-hazardous materials in vehicles under 10,001 lbs.: $300,000
  • Non-hazardous materials in vehicles over 10,001 lbs.: $750,000
  • Petroleum products moved by for-hire and private carriers: $1 million
  • Hazardous materials moved by for-hire and private carriers: $5 million

What does it cost to get trucking authority?

The FMCSA’s fees for different types of trucking authorities are as follows:

  • Permanent Authority: $300
  • Notice of Name Change: $14
  • Reinstate Authority: $80

Contact Insura Today!

We have multiple options at various levels of protection that we can work with you to create your ideal trucking insurance policy. Contact us today to learn more about owner-operator insurance plans and more at 614-500-4147 or by visiting us online.

Add Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *